As we read texts and complete assessment tasks, let us be reminded of these learning outcomes:
- Recall terms associated with the Medieval Period.
- Analyze a literary excerpt in the context of the Medieval Period.
- Retell the specified scene using a different perspective or write an essay about a different perspective on the specified scene.
- Recall details from given background information.
- Describe literary characters.
- Narrate events and experiences of the main character.
- Define allegory as exemplified in the texts.
Reading Task 1: The Middle Ages (a general overview)
Reading Task 2: The Quarter 2 Texts
Reading Task 3: The Song of Roland
Reading Task 4: Saint Augustine’s Confessions
Reading Task 5: Dante’s Inferno
Find other Quarter 2 files here.
Find our class files here.
Week 5 Formal Correspondence
Step 1 How do we write a formal or business letter? Look into the features discussed in this video.
Step 2 Read the lesson guide on writing formal letters.
Step 3 How do we write an application essay? Focus on the important aspects discussed in this video.
Step 4 What should we always keep in mind when we communicate online? Focus on the tips shared in this video.
Step 5 Read the lesson guide on writing a resume.
Step 6 What should we remember when we prepare our resume? Remember practical tips shared in this video.
Step 8 Start working on your final Quarter 1 Alternative Assessment task. Read the assessment task guide and rubric.