A House of Night Novel
by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
New York 2008
- It was Christians who adopted [Christmas] from Pagans, not the other way around. Actually, the church chose December twenty-fifth as the date of Jesus’ birth to coincide with the Yule celebrations.
- Lies don’t fix things. They don’t even make things easier, at least not in the long run. Best to tell the truth and then clean up an honest mess.
House of Night Book 9
By P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
- I learned young that evil sometimes likes to be bragged about, even when it would be best if it kept a low profile. It has been my experience that Darkness’ struggle isn’t against Light and the strength of love and truth and loyalty. I think evil’s greatest threat comes from its own pride and arrogance and greed. I’ve yet to see a bully that doesn’t gloat, or a thief who doesn’t brag. That’s why they get caught.
- There may come a day when you learn that past lives circle around to the present.
- Darkness does not always equate to evil. Light does not always bring good… things aren’t exactly as they appear.
- What you have to do is decide whether you can live with the weakness that his being human brings with it… But love isn’t a weakness… Loving the wrong person is.
- … there really is no normal when it comes to women.
- Darkness can’t turn love into anything. Love is the only thing that lasts through Darkness and death and destruction.
- I don’t think the amount of belief you have is what’s important. I think it’s what you have belief in that matters.
- … the naming of a thing. There is power in it.
- There are worse things than death. Being trapped by your fear of it is one of those things.
- It is ironic that in doing my son a kindness, you have done me a cruelty. You’ve taken from me the last creature in this world that truly loved me.
- … there is distinct difference between wanting to gain revenge and exact vengeance, and wanting the truth to shine forth so that justice for all is illuminated.
- The question of what we are can only be answered by ourselves. We each decide what we are by the life choices we make. How we were made, who are parents are, where we are from, the color of our skin, who we choose to love, all those things do not define us. Our actions define us, and will keep defining us until even after death.
- Almost all the time now I feel like I’m being pulled in a bunch of different directions by a bunch of different people. I think sometimes I’m going to snap like a rubber band and shatter all over again. This time forever.
House of Night Book 8
by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
- When you die, there is only one thing you take with you into forever…Love, silly! You get to take love with you. So you see, you have to save her or you’ll regret it forever and ever.
- Weaknesses can be so beguiling.
- When you decide your heart matters as much to you as it does to me, come find me again. It should be easy. Just follow your heart.
- People today… believe the earth is just a dead thing that they live on – that it is somehow wrong or evil or barbaric to listen to the voices of the souls of the world, and so the heart and the nobility of an entire way of life dried up and withered away.
- … when the time comes for him to choose between the bad things in his past and a different future with you, if he’s strong enough, he will choose you.
- My mama used to prune her roses real fierce, and I thought she was gonna hurt them, maybe kill them. When I asked her about it, she told me sometimes you have to cut away the old stuff to make room for the new. Maybe it’s time to cut away some old stuff.
- And when you love someone, you don’t always see them realistically.