As you go through these learning materials and work on assessment tasks given, please keep these Desired Learning Outcomes in mind:
- Identify various strategies to remember information; one’s listening style; cultural nuances; the characteristics of a good listener; ways to improve active listening; how to listen critically; and guidelines for empathic listening.
- Recognize the importance of note-taking skills; cultural differences in listening; and differences in the way men and women listen.
- Differentiate note-taking methods and listening styles.
- Define active listening, critical listening, and empathic listening.
- Apply appropriate recalling strategy in given tasks; the most appropriate note-taking method in given information; the characteristics of becoming a good listener across all genders; and empathic listening skills in a conversation.
- Create a resolution on improving listening skills.
- Formulate ways to address cases of poor listening.
- Evaluate a talk through critical listening.
Please find other Quarter 2 files here.