by Amy Ewing
HarperCollins Publishers, 2014
* I love sunrises, even more than sunsets. There’s something so exciting about the world coming to life in a thousand colors.
* Once to see it as it is. Twice to see it in your mind. Thrice to bend it to your will.
* I am so glad I get this tiny slice of time… I get this one last moment with my sister.
* There is so much love around this table that it is tangible – a real, pulsing, living thing.
* A good meal could ease a troubled heart.
* Getting old is a terrible thing.
* Title does not protect you from everything.
* Men cannot be trusted. You are lucky you will never have to discover that for yourself.
* Hope is a precious thing… And yet, we don’t really appreciate it until it’s gone.
* I know the pain of obeying an order that every part of you screams to resist.
* Greatness is never achieved easily.
* It would be easier if I could hate you. But the sad truth is, I will more likely love you for the rest of my life.
* The power to choose comes with a price.