by Sarah Weeks
New York, Scholastics 2004
- The fact is, you can’t tell squat about the color of an animal just from looking at its bones, so nobody knows for sure what color dinosaurs really were.
- People know only what they know and nothing more than that.
- There are some things in life a person just can’t know.
- You can’t miss what you don’t remember ever having.
- Certain things that seem to happen by accident don’t really happen by accident at all.
- The more times you tell a lie, the harder it gets to tell you’re lying.
- Just because you can’t feel something doesn’t mean it’s not there.
- Everything means something, even if you don’t know what it is.
- Sometimes people lie because the truth is too hard to admit.
- Grown-ups are the ones who tell the biggest lies of all.
- The only part that’s hard is not knowing.