by Kate Moose
Orion Books Ltd., Great Britain 2005
- What we leave behind in this life is the memory of who we were and what we did. An imprint, no more. I have learned much. I have become wise. But have I made a difference? I cannot tell.
- A man with divided loyalties was not to be trusted. He would change sides as surely as the sun rose in the east and set in the west.
- Anger serves no purpose. You must have faith. To trust in a greater meaning, beyond our lives or knowledge, requires a leap of faith.
- ‘Res contr’ Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s’atura.’ There is no protection against love, once it chooses to exert its power.
- Love is not a sin, it is a virtue that makes the bad good and the good better.
- But how better to protect a secret than allowed it to be concealed beneath another? To appropriate or assimilate the powerful symbols, the ideas of others, is the way civilisations survive.
- We carry the past within us, in our bones, in our blood.
- Pray God that you never know what it is like to love, like that, without of hope of that love being returned.
- Bons Homes refused to worship idols, crosses or altars – carved from the rocks and trees of the Devil’s base creation – they held the word of God in the very highest esteem.
- If we are simply walking a path preordained, then all the experiences that make us who we are – love, grief, joy, learning, changing – would count for nothing.
- Si es atal es atal. Things will be as they will be.
- History is written by the victorious, the liars, the strongest, the most determined. Truth is found most often in the silence, in the quiet places.
- … the real Grail lies in the love handed down from generation to generation, the words spoken by father to son, mother to daughter. The truth lies all about us. In the stones, in the rocks, in the changing pattern of the mountain seasons. Through the stories of our past, we do not die.