Meaningful lines from
Ballantine Books, New York 1991
- Why are old lovers able to become friends? Two reasons: They never truly loved each other or they love each other still.
- When someone tells you the truth, lets you think for yourself, experience your own emotions, he is treating you as a true equal. As a friend… And the best men cook for you.
- … and even though you will one day wish for the heartbreak to leave you, it never will.
- We all crave the human embrace. We cannot guard our hearts with vigilance.
- Remember, you do not need to tell anyone what your contributions mean and it is more than likely they will hold meaning for you alone anyway. Do not explain. This is your right.